Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Watching Your Children Grow

These beautiful human beings are my children.  Actually, these are three of my beautiful children:  #3, #5, and #6.  

I could tell you so many stories about them but I don't have the time and you probably don't have the time to read them either.  Plus, telling all their stories is not the subject of this blog.

The little cutie there on the left will be 18 years old this coming Friday and will graduate high school this May. Her accomplishments have astounded me, considering I nearly lost her before and after she was born.  Yes, she was a prematurely born baby and weighed in at 4 pounds, 4 ounces.  She struggled to breathe on her own for a few minutes before she gave out and had to be rushed to NICU where she was put on a respirator for 10 days.  

That beautiful young woman (I try very hard to remember she's a young woman now and not my baby girl) had a stubborn streak in her from the moment she was born and it has stuck with her all these years.  She's one of those people that inspires others with her tenacity, sparkle, humor, intelligence, and, of course, good looks. She's tiny in size but she's got the heart of a lion and I love everything about this "young woman" whom I get the privilege of calling my daughter.

She has a giving spirit about her and volunteers wherever and whenever she can to help those who need a little boost.  It takes a pretty tough (probably should say 'dangerous') challenge to make her back down from attempting to do something she hasn't done before and even if she's fails, she's happy to have had the opportunity to have tried.  

Oftentimes, I've seen her beat herself up for not getting something done "just so", but honestly, her "just so" is usually pretty amazing in itself.  It's so easy to allow the negative to overpower us as we trudge through our daily lives, and she's no different, but this little powerhouse has a fight in her (it's that stubborn streak I spoke of earlier) that will not allow her to stay on that path for long before she's turned the situation around and is running for the light.

To summarize, I love this young woman with all my heart but more than just love, I respect and admire her for all she has accomplished in her, nearly, 18 years on this earth.

So, Amber, just to be certain you understand ... You are amazing and wonderful and you make your Mom very, very proud.  I love you.






No comments:

Post a Comment